The Babel Inside Was Terrible
Exile on Mainstream eom042
“The Babel Inside Was Terrible” is an album electric and sharp, encompassing more grief and darkness than ever before and proclaimed in an even more clear and powerful sound. Impossible to pigeonhole, WE INSIST! have seen comparisons to the likes of Tool, Queens Of The Stone Age, At The Drive-In, Primus, King Crimson and bands of legendary label Dischord. To be completely honest, the new material makes it as easy as nailing a pudding to the wall to file and categorise their sonic power. “The Babel Inside Was Terrible” tells it right from the get-go: categories are for losers. We Insist ! again manage to draw influences from a vast ocean of musical styles including Rock, Noise, Free Jazz, Avant-garde, Psychedelic, Math-Rock, Punk and Metal.
- 6th album by WE INSIST!, one of the most renowned musical entities of the Paris underground
- We Insist! have been around many years and becoming an icon through colouring the French music scene
- 2nd album on Exile On Mainstream after 2007's European breakthrough effort "OH! Things Are So Corruptible"
- We Insist! have been playing for 15 years together and appeared on numerous festivals throughout Europe such as the ZXZW Festival, South Of Mainstream, Cucuma, ZAPPANALE among others
- For Fans Of: No Means No, 31Knots, Fugazi, Tool, The Mars Volta, Primus, Frank Zappa, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum...
1. Déjà Vu
3. Efficiency And Bad Habits
4. In A Maze
5. Custom Device
6. Thoughtful Anatomy
7. Dead Dog
8. Ancient Follies
9. Our Countries
10. Cogent Stories
11. Biting Tounges